"Tickle Someone’s Funny Bone"
Post on: November 21, 2019
There are numerous benefits of laughter; however, we tend to practice self-restraint. We can attest to laughing our heads off as children and being miserly with laughter as we advance through age. Strangely, we’ve diminished our laughter when it should be the opposite since greater happiness is found through laughter.
Jokes so effortlessly enable us to see the funny side of however bad a situation is. Psychologists and motivational gurus are now encouraging us to “laugh it off” and some are including it as a segment in their lecture and self-help journals.
Some experts have even postulated that we need not spend a fortune popping pills to relive our pain — laughter is nature’s pain reliever. Amongst our friends, those who have a sense of humour deal with setbacks more easily… they roll with adversity’s punches when they come and recover more quickly. I am sure there are such personalities amongst our readers.
We have compiled some jokes to tickle your funny bones:
1. Today at the bank, an old lady asked me to help check her balance. So, I pushed her over.
2. My boss told me to have a good day. So, I went home.
3. My wife told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So, I had to put my foot down.
4. What did the traffic light say to the car? Don’t look! I’m about to change.
5. My friend thinks he is smart. He told me an onion is the only food that makes you cry, so I threw a coconut at his face.
6. What happens to a frog’s car when it breaks down? It gets toad away.
7. What did the duck say when he bought lipstick? “Put it on my bill.”
8. Math Teacher: “If I have 5 bottles in one hand and 6 on the other hand, what do I have?” Student: “A drinking problem.”
9. Teacher: “Which book has helped you the most in your life?”
Student: “My father’s cheque book!”
10. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I’m not too sure.
11. What did the judge say when a skunk walked into the courtroom? “Odour in the court!”
12. What did the cross-eyed teacher say? I can’t control my pupils!
13. What do you call a fake noodle? An Impasta.
14. A balanced diet means a cupcake in each hand.
15. I got another letter from this lawyer today. It said “Final Notice”. Good that he will not bother me anymore.
16. Two donkeys are standing at a roadside, one asks the other: “So, shall we cross?”
The other shakes his head: “No way, look at what happened to the zebra.”
17. What do snowmen do in their spare time? Just chilling.
18. Why did the octopus blush? He’d just seen the bottom of the ocean!!!!
19. Alcohol doesn’t solve any problem, but neither does milk.
20. Do you think that when Han Solo married Princess Leia, she demanded that he change his name to Han Married?
It is not difficult to incorporate humour into our humdrum life. In the face of life’s tough challenges, humour makes the bitter pill more palatable. Stop taking yourself too seriously. And our parting shot with a tinge of humour regarding sharing of jokes: “Just Do it! doing nothing is tough; you never know when you’re done.”
#JollyGoodTimes #TickleSomeonesFunnyBone #ShajiThomasVarughese
www.jollygoodtimes.org Photo: pixabay.com