"Laugh Your Head Off"
Post on: June 28, 2018
We all can attest to feeling rejuvenated after watching Mr Bean or some light-hearted movies. We may feel defeated by life’s struggles… however, watching a comedy so effortlessly lifts up our sagging spirits.
There is some scientific truth in the much oft-used cliche, “Laughter is the best medicine”. Studies show that laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Some even postulate that we need not spend a fortune popping pills to relive our pain — laughter is nature’s own pain reliever. Amongst our friends, those who have a sense of humour deal with setbacks more easily…. they roll with adversity’s punches when they come and recover more quickly. Does it ring a bell?
We have compiled some hilarious sayings to tickle your funny bone — memorise them and unleash them at the opportune time to smooth-talk your way out of any sticky situation…
1. If you’re not supposed to eat at night, why is there a light bulb in the refrigerator?
2. Alcohol doesn’t solve any problem, but neither does milk.
3. The only reason I’m fat is that a tiny body couldn’t store all this personality.
4. Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
5. Whoever said “Nothing Is Impossible” clearly never tried slamming a revolving door.
6. A balanced diet means a cupcake in each hand.
7. A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a workstation…
8. Of course, I can keep secrets. But the people I tell them to obviously can’t.
9. They say money doesn’t grow on trees, but why do banks have branches then?
10. An opportunist is a guy who drinks the water while the pessimist, the optimist and the realist are arguing about how full the glass is.
11. As you get older, 3 things happen. The first is your memory goes and I can’t remember the other two.
12. The privilege of friendship is to talk nonsense and have your nonsense respected.
13. Whenever I find the key to success, someone changes the lock.
14. Every man should marry. After all, happiness is Not the only thing in life.
15. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
16. You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
17. Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
18. Humour is a reminder that no matter how high the throne one sits on, one sits on his/her bottom.
19. I always arrive late at the office but I make up for it by leaving early.
20. The man who smiles when things go wrong, has thought of someone to blame it on.
Life is funny — let’s not take life too seriously. By laughing at ourselves, we tend to be more endearing. For the sceptics, this hilarious quotation could be an impetus to laugh more often — “It is bad to suppress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips,” — Fred Allen.
Do not hold back your laughter — laughter, unlike money, will not diminish if you share it. And neither does this Jolly Good Times’ article — share it with your kakis (buddies). Invite them to Like us on Facebook.
#JollyGoodTimes #LaughYourHeadOff #ShajiThomasVarughese
https://www.facebook.com/jollygoodtimes.org/ Photo: pexels.com