"Laugh Your Head Off"
Post on: October 12, 2021
We all can attest to feeling rejuvenated after watching Mr Bean or some light-hearted movies. We may feel defeated by life’s struggle; however, watching a comedy, so effortlessly lifts our sagging spirits.
There is some scientific truth in the much oft-used cliche, “Laughter is the best medicine”. Studies show that laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Some postulate that we need not spend a fortune popping pills to relive our pain — laughter is nature’s pain reliever. Amongst our friends, those who have a sense of humour deal with setbacks more easily. They roll with adversity’s punches when they come and recover more quickly. I am sure we can testify to seeing such traits amongst some friends.
“Jolly Good Times” has compiled some hilarious sayings to tickle your funny bone — absorb them and unleash them at the opportune moment to smooth-talk your way out of any sticky situation.
- If you’re not supposed to eat at night, why is there a light bulb in the refrigerator?
- Alcohol doesn’t solve any problem, but neither does milk.
- The only reason I’m fat is that a tiny body couldn’t store all this personality.
- Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
- Whoever said “Nothing Is Impossible” clearly never tried slamming a revolving door.
- A balanced diet means a cupcake in each hand.
- A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a workstation.
- Of course, I can keep secrets. But the people I tell obviously can’t.
- They say money doesn’t grow on trees, but why do banks have branches then?
- An opportunist is a guy who drinks the water while the pessimist, the optimist and the realist are arguing about how full the glass is.
- As you get older, 3 things happen. The first is your memory goes and I can’t remember the other two.
- The privilege of friendship is to talk nonsense and have your nonsense respected.
- Whenever I find the key to success, someone changes the lock.
- Every man should marry. After all, happiness is Not the only thing in life.
- We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.
- You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
- Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
- Humour is a reminder that no matter how high the throne one sits on, one sits on his/her bottom.
- I always arrive late at the office but I make up for it by leaving early.
- The man who smiles when things go wrong, has thought of someone to blame it on.
Life is funny — let’s not take life too seriously. By laughing at ourselves, we tend to be more endearing. For the sceptics, this hilarious quotation could be an impetus to laugh more often — “It is bad to suppress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips,” — Fred Allen.
Do not hold back your laughter. Laughter, unlike money, will not diminish if you share it. And neither does this Jolly Good Times’ article — share it with your kakis (buddies). Invite them to Like our Facebook and webpage.