"Hilarious Word Play"
Post on: June 11, 2019
“Always find a reason to laugh. It may not add years to your life but will surely add life to your years.”
Do the cares of the world cause us to laugh less than our predecessors? Studies show that an average 4-year-old laughs about 300 times a day. The number is mind-boggling and could be an urban legend. Nevertheless, we all agree that children laugh way more than adults. Have we forgotten how to laugh?
It is no secret that laughter has healing properties and it’s contagious. So, spread it if you can. On our part, we’ve compiled “word plays” to tickle your funny bones. Have a good laugh:
1. Can February march? No, but April may.
2. Why shouldn’t you write with a broken pencil? Because it’s pointless!
3. What did one ocean say to another ocean? Nothing. It just waved.
4. What do you call a famous fish? A star-fish.
5. What is the most curious letter in the alphabet? Y.
6. What goes around the world and yet stays in a corner? A stamp.
7. Which king is used by people as a means of measure? A ruler.
8. Why do elephants never get rich? Because they work for peanuts.
9. Why are fish easy to weigh? Because they have their own scales.
10. Why did the girl wear glasses in math class? It improves di-vision.
11. I went to the bank the other day and asked the banker to check my balance. So, she pushed me!
12. What did the judge say when a skunk walked into the courtroom? “Odour in the court!”
13. Why is it that your nose runs, but your feet smell?
14. Why couldn’t the leopard play hide and seek? Because he was always spotted.
15. What did the pop star do when he locked himself out? He sang until he found the right key!
16. Why did the tomato turn red? Because he saw the salad dressing!
17. Why did the man name his dogs Rolex and Timex? Because they were watchdogs.
18. Why is a river rich? It has banks on both sides.
19. What is the tallest building in the entire world? The library, because it has so many stories.
20. Why did the school kids eat their homework? Because their teacher told them it was a piece of cake.
Life presents us with many reasons to laugh – celebrate these occasions with those around us. Laughter does not cost you anything but it takes you to a higher plane as you view the world on a jubilant note… the feeling is exhilarating.
#JollyGoodTimes #HilariousWordPlay #ShajiThomasVarughese